New range of JB Weld products for workshops and automotive repairs.
HPP Lunds, the Australian supplier for JB Weld products, has added eight new products to its extensive line-up of high-quality repair materials for the tradesperson. Like all products in the JB Weld portfolio, these latest items make repairs easy, quick and reliable.
Of the eight new products, seven are more skewed to automotive repairs while the eighth has a multitude of uses – SuperWeld Super Glue.
Superweld Super Glue
This glue is a quick setting adhesive based on cyanoacrylates, which is an acrylic resin that rapidly polymerises in the presence of water/moisture and so forming long, strong chains joining the bonded surfaces.
It typically sets in less than a minute and is fully cured within twenty four hours. It is to be used sparingly as a thin layer bonds more effectively than a thick layer.
While the shelf life of the product if kept at room temperature is around twelve months, once opened the glue must be used within a month.
JB Weld SuperWeld Super Glue is not to be used as a gap filler, if this is needed refer to JB Weld’s other products that are designed for this use such as JB Weld Plastic Bonder.
JB Weld SuperWeld is a higher strength formula than most other super glues on the market and is ideal for many workshop and home repairs however, with this in mind it is also wise to ensure that it is kept away from children.
To provide for a variety of uses, JB Weld SuperWeld comes in a 2-pack version with small 2g tubes for single use – this has a shear strength of 3100PSI. It is also available in a brush cap 6g bottle for brush-on applications – it has a sheer strength of 3000 PSI. And finally, it also available in a larger 20g bottle with a precision application tip – this is the highest strength formula and has a shear strength of 3500 PSI.
JB Weld Extremeheat
Seven new products have been added to JB Weld range for the automotive sector – six of these are for exhaust repairs with the remaining product, JB Weld ExtremeHeat able to be used in exhaust systems as well as other repairs.
JB Weld ExtremeHeat is a temperature resistant metallic paste which sets in one hour and is fully cured in 24 hours. It dries machine grey and withstands continuous heat of up to 1300 degrees Celsius.
It is ideal for filling holes and cracks in metal surfaces and can be used on exhaust manifolds, heat exchangers, mufflers, engine blocks as well as on household items such as outdoor BBQs and fireplaces.
Muffler Repair Package
Over the past few years JB Weld has been concentrating on developing a total muffler repair package with pastes and repair wraps that are long lasting and easy to use for both the home handyman and the automotive repair shop.
The pastes feature high temperature ratings, high torque loads and can seal as well as fill, the wraps feature fibreglass technology and they seal, insulate and structurally repair the system. No mixing is required with the wraps.
These are the six new JB Weld exhaust products:
- JB Weld Exhaust System Sealant which is for use on exhaust pipe connections, catalytic converters, mufflers and tailpipes
- JB Weld MufflerWeld which seals mufflers, pipe joins and fixes gaps and cracks, it withstands temperatures of up to 370 degrees C
- JB Weld Muffler Patch, which is a fibreglass wrap coated in epoxy and can withstand temperatures of up to 315 degrees C
- JB Weld Tailpipe & Pipe Repair Wrap is a fibreglass wrap impregnated with polyurethane resin and silicone rubber and can withstand up to 420 degrees C. This product is also ideal for repairs to hot water pipes
- JB Weld Ultra Heat Wrap ceramic exhaust system repair kit is a ceramic and fibre wrap that withstands temperatures of up to 1000 degrees C
- JB Weld Strapping Kit consists of a galvanised metal strip and two ¼ inch nuts and bolts – this can be used on car exhaust systems as well as gutter and downspout repairs around the home.
For more info visit www.hpplunds.com.au or call Ben Leonard on (07) 3722 1111.