With over 70 years of experience supplying the automakers with premium electrical components DENSO starter motors and alternators are built with industry-leading technology.
DENSO alternators are lightweight, high efficiency, and durable under the most gruelling conditions making them the natural choice in many of the world’s top production cars. They meet or exceed all manufacturer standards, mount properly with minimum installation issues, and provide years of reliable service.
Plus, DENSO’s patented segment conductor technology has allowed DENSO to further reduce the unit size while increasing output from a low rpm. The DENSO difference:
- Premium cores and precise OE assembly benchmarks
- Designed to meet the gruelling heat and electrical requirements
- Perfect mounting with no belt/pulley alignment issues
- OE-quality fit, appearance and durability
- Full compatibility with sensitive electronic systems
- Compact and lightweight design
Segment Conductor Alternators
DENSO developed the world’s first Segment Conductor (SC) alternator using a rectangular conductor for its stator coil, reducing coil resistance by 50 per cent. In addition to the rectangular conductor, the SC alternator adopted dual windings and rectifiers, achieving smaller size, lighter weight, higher efficiency and lower noise. To develop the smaller, higher power
alternators, DENSO further improved the stator coil connection method of the SC alternator. To solve the problem of higher heat production due to higher output, DENSO increased the surface area of the rectifier cooling fins to nearly twice the size of conventional fins, improving cooling ability. Some of the key features include:
- Square conductor in the armature coil.
- A rectangular conductor and surface commutator in the armature, together with a magnet between the main electrodes of the yoke, reducing the size and weight of the starter motor.
- The damper unit combined with a high deceleration ratio further reduces starter size and reduces driving noise.
- The SC alternators are among the smallest and most efficient alternators in the world, and that is why they are chosen by many OEM’s as the alternator of choice.
The original DENSO gear-reduction starter is an industry benchmark, so rugged and powerful that it is often adapted for racing use. Our starters are subjected to a rigorous test regime and replacement routine that produces the lowest return rates in the aftermarket.
DENSO starters are designed to provide maximum cranking torque under all environmental conditions. The DENSO difference:
- High-voltage tested armature and field coils to ensure reliable performance
- Premium copper terminals to ensure a clean source of electrical current
- Maximum cranking torque under all conditions
- Class leaders in size and weight
- Environmentally designed to start in cold and hot weather conditions
DENSO’s aftermarket range of alternators and starter motors provide quality choices for replacing your rotating range.