Launch Tech expands anti-theft lineup with X-PROG 3.
Launch Tech has added to its evolving lineup of anti-theft products, with the automotive diagnostic scan tools specialist having recently brought the X-PROG 3 car immobiliser programmer to the local market, incorporating a range of features built around its primary function of reading and writing car key chip data.
Designed for use across the automotive electronics industry, including locksmiths and repair shops, the X-PROG 3 enables: anti-theft type identification, remote control matching, key chip reading and matching, anti-theft password reading and anti-theft component replacement.
As advised by Launch, the X-PROG 3 is designed for multi-purpose use and provides powerful functionality,underpinned by fast and accurate reading and writing of data, making it a device that is “flexible, stable, reliable and suitable for professional users”.
In addition to this, the X-PROG 3 is compatible with Launch’s X-431 series diagnostic scanners, providing users an added level of versatility, and paving the way for seamlessly integrated use-case scenarios.
X-PROG 3 DESIGN AND CAPABILITIES
The X-PROG 3’s car key chip data reading and writing capabilities include: reading/ writing EEPROM and onboard MCU, along with BMW CAS4+/FEM chips, Mercedes- Benz infrared keys, generating special keys and reading BMW engine INS code.
Supported brands include: VW, Audi, Skoda, SEAT, BMW, Mercedes-Benz and Toyota (with models continuing to be updated); while supported systems include: automatic transmissions, instrument systems, CASs, body systems and lock systems.
In addition to this, the X-PROG 3 is capable of reading and writing most engine/gearbox ECUs without disassembling the shell.
The unit itself sports an integrated form factor – measuring in at 22.8 x 12 x 45 cm, and weighing 3 kg – incorporating a DC12V power supply, with its multi-functional design encompassing:
• DB26 and DB15 diagnostic connectors – respectively connecting to each antitheft harness and the main harness
• Benz key infrared slot – allowing for placement of the Mercedes- Benz infrared key to perform the key matching function
• Car key chip hole – used to place the key chip to perform the key matching function
• Status indicator lamp – power supply indicator
• DIY slot – used to connect the anti-theft ECU pin through the cable to read and write data
• Locker – used to install the chip burning socket to read and write EEPROM or MCU data.
X-PROG 3 FUNCTIONS
Laying the groundwork for its various capabilities, the X-PROG 3 supports a wide range of ECU, MCU and EEPROM manufacturers, encompassing over 1,200 product models (and constantly updating). As described by Launch, it is “one machine with multiple functions”, including:
• Supports VW/Audi MQB platform gearbox and platform engine ECU replacement or cloning (reading engine ECU data directly from the key)
• Supports ECU replacement for the fifth generation of Audi (0AW/0B5) gearbox
• Supports BMW E, F and G chassis 8HP gearbox ECU reprogramming to empty; BMW CAS4/CAS4+ module replacement; ECU cloning and replacement for BMW Siemens engines
• Supports reading, writing and cloning the ECU for the fourth generation of VW UDS engine
• Supports ECU replacement without disassembly for VW/Audi non-35XX instruments (it can be read directly through the independent harness without removing the IC)
• Supports ECU replacement for the fourth generation of VW/Audi engines, and the fifth generation of VW/Audi Bosch and Siemens engines
• Supports replacement for the fourth generation of Audi EZS, comfortable ECU and Kessy IC
• Erase the password for Mercedes-Benz engine and gearbox within 3S; add the function of calculating the password for the Mercedes-Benz key within one minute.
The X-PROG 3 is compatible with the following Launch X-431 scanners: AUSCAN 3, EUROTAB II, PRO V4.0, PRO3 V4.0, ScanPad 101 V4.0, ScanPad 071 V4.0, X-431 PAD V and X-431 PAD VII.
For more information call 1300 369 788 or visit www.launchtech.com.au